Monday, December 24, 2007

The Secret of Lost Things


It was a lovely sunny morning, so I reached for a book with a cool cover and moved out to the sun, intent on finishing before lunch. Sheridan Hay did not disappoint me, and neither did THE SECRET OF LOST THINGS. Maybe because it was set in a huge Manhattan bookstore just like the one I used to pass weekends in when I was living in New York. Maybe it was because the main character, Rosemary, arrives in the city as an outsider (an experience I have shared). Or maybe it was because Hay's characters seem to touch the corners of my life. I don't know. I do know that I couldn't put it down. When it was over, I needed more. I wanted to spend more time with Rosemary and Oscar and Lillian and Pearl (especially Pearl). Looking forward to picking up more of Hay's work when I get home. RECOMMENDED.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home