Monday, November 22, 2004

Hem | Eveningland

I'm sitting in the hell that is Barnes and Noble in University Village. I'm in the Judaica section, reading about God knows what. No really -- God knows, you don't get to know.

And there, in the reptilian part of the back of "my brain is bigger than your brain," I hear a woman's voice. It is singing -- calling me, drifting around me. It is everywhere and nowhere. It is sweet, soaring, lilting. It is, it is....

It is on the in-store speakers.

So, I go upstairs to the music area and ask what I'm listening to. 5 minutes later, following such twists and turns as "No, I'm pretty sure that it isn't Ozzy," and "No, not Afro-brazilian. Really sure of that, thanks," I find the CD.

Check out the link. Don't listen to only the first clip. Listen to them all. And then BUY the album. No, I didn't say that you should download it. Give these people some money and actually pay for the album. It is now near the top of my Top 2004 list.

Hem | Eveningland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home