Tuesday, November 02, 2004

This Is The Moment

I'm not going to go out of my way to actually quote Jean Valjean or anything, but it seems that today is a rather important one. I can't think of a more important ballot cast in my lifetime, that's for sure.

I think that is is rather odd that I'm blogging today. I've been awaiting this year's vote for awhile now, but since I do the absentee ballot I feel a little left out of the excitement that seems to be building as people across America stand in long lines to cast their votes. Selfishly, I'm glad that the commercials are finally going to end. If I never hear another Dino Rossi ad, or another George Nethercutt ad, or another Charter Schools ad, I could die happy.

How many days until the country's voice is heard? I'm shooting for Thursday, myself. I think that WA state will likely go quite heavily for the all-women team: Gregoire, Murray, and Cantwell, which I understand would be a first anywhere. I don't think it is going to be that close.

There are a couple of students wearing Kerry yard signs today. Glad to see them passionate about the races. Here's hoping that we break voting records everywhere. Democracy is just a word if you don't participate.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home