Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Then We Came To The End


No, we haven't come to the end. THEN WE CAME TO THE END is a lovely novel by Joshua Ferris. By my count, I'm not even at the halfway point this year! I really loved this book and, even though I just complained about a self-referential novel, when that element hit, I didn't mind. By that point, I was busy looking over my shoulder to see if Ferris was still writing down the things I was doing. I imagined this moment, of course, because Ferris hits "the office" with such a dead-on shot, that many people are going to wonder if he was writing about them. At times, I was a little bit dizzy, but that was only because I kept trying to make characters connect to the various nutjobs I've worked with over the years (present company excluded, of course). RECOMMENDED (with a post-it, a sharpie, and the serial number to my chair intact).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home