Sunday, December 26, 2004

Imperial Hubris

My Kea Lani holiday friend Barry gave me this book after we finished a long chat on the November elections. "Have you read this yet?" he asked, as he held up the book that would later knock me on my ass. The work, written by an anonymous writer within the US intelligence community is one of the most dense works I've picked up this vacation, but also one of the most worthwhile. I've had several "must reads" on my various lists this year, and can't for the life of me figure out how I missed this book, but let me just say this: I'm better for having read it, even if I'm now quaking in my boots for the ideas presented. A serious and weighty text on America's flawed approach to what we like to call the "war on terror." Read it and be afraid...be very afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home