Sunday, December 21, 2008

2: The Nimrod Flipout

Nuts.  That's really the first word that comes to mind when I think about this insane, mind-altering, hysterical, magical, absurd, dynamic, creative and inspiring set of stories written by Etgar Keret.  

I could not pick a favorite if I had a year to choose: Fatso, The Nimod Flipout, Eight Percent of Nothing, More Life, For Only $9.99 -- any and all could serve as nominees for favorite piece of short (and in some cases amazingly short) fiction of the year, if not the decade.

This is a laugh-out-loud-is-anyone-looking-at-me read. Keret takes you on a journey that is at times magical, at times tragic, at times life-affirming, and at times utterly bizarre.

I do know this, though: my students will be reading some of these for years to come, that's for sure!  And, c'mon: Look at that book jacket and tell me you could possible pass up on that image!

Recommended! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home